This Policy applies to individuals who interact with The Kowloon Dairy Limited as consumers (hereinafter referred to as "user", "you", "your" or "yours") and describes the treatment of your personal data that will be collected by The Kowloon Dairy Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Kowloon Dairy”, “Company”, “we” or “us”).
We will use your data to provide and improve customers’ experience in our Service. By using our Service, you agree to the collection and use of information by us in accordance with this Policy. Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, the terms and definitions used in this Policy shall have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions.
This Policy covers both our online and offline data collection activities, including personal data that we collect through our various channels including websites, mobile applications, third party social networks, consumer engagement service and points of sale and events, etc.. Please note that we might store your personal data from different sources including websites, mobile applications and offline events. Our Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”) shall govern the use of our Service and this Policy shall deal with our collection of your data and the use thereof.
If you fail to provide the necessary personal data to us as requested in our registration forms, we may not be able to provide you with our goods and/or Services. This Policy may change from time to time at our sole discretion without any prior notice.
The following words used in this Policy shall mean (the singular includes the plural and vice versa):
SERVICE means the websites, mobile applications and software owned by Kowloon Dairy which provides an online platform for customers to purchase our products online and for entertainment.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data.
COOKIES are small files stored on your device such as computer or mobile device.
DATA CONTROLLER means a natural or legal person who (either acting alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed. For the purpose of this Policy, we are a Data Controller of your data.
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) mean any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
DATA SUBJECT means any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
USER means any individual using our Service and is equivalent to the Data Subject.
1. Information Collection and Use
You are not required to supply any personal data in order to access the Company’s website or mobile application. When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Services, personal data will be collected from you to facilitate user’s experience. You may decline to provide us with the requested personal data, but in such case we may not be able to provide the Services to you. By submitting your personal data to us, you have permitted the use of your data as set out in this Policy.
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, inter alia, the following purposes:
- Identifying you and any account maintained by you with us;
- Enabling the provision of the Services to you;
- Conducting identity verification and/or credit checks;
- Determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and Services;
- Processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services, on your behalf;
- Processing payment instructions or collection of outstanding fees from you in relation to the provision of the Services;
- Processing order, billing and fulfilment of such;
- Direct marketing of the Services (see section “direct marketing” below);
- Direct marketing of the products and Services of the Company’s business partners (see section 9 Behavioural Remarketing below);
- Designing services for you;
- Conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- Enabling you to participate in interactive features of our Service, including identifying your acquaintances and sharing and communicating with them about your shopping experience;
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services;
- Customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences;
- Provisioning of customer services;
- Dealing with your complaints, account enquiries, any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party;
- Fraud prevention and detection;
- Auditing purposes;
- Making disclosures as required under applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- Any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
2. Types of Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including first 6 digits and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your payment transaction details such as your debit or credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available). In any case, we or our payment processing provider(s) handle payment and financial information in a manner in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and security standards;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device. If you access to our website or mobile application via a mobile device such as a smartphone, the collected information will also include, where permitted, your phone’s unique device ID, advertising ID, geo-location, and other similar mobile device data;
- Telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your phone book, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our Service. By providing the information to us, you warrant that you have obtained consent from those individuals in your phone book;
- Subject to your permission, location data that we may use and store information about your location. We will use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You may enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time; and
- Sensitive Personal Data provided by you will be used for personalisation and other marketing purposes with your prior consent. Your sensitive personal data may be used for other purposes including (i) detection and prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud); and (ii) compliance with applicable law.
3. Use of Data
We may use the collected data for various purposes including but not limited to:
- Provide and maintain our Service;
- Notify you of changes to our Service;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- Provide customer support;
- Gather analysis or valuable information to improve our Service;
- Monitor the usage of our Service;
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- Fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- Provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Recognise you whenever you visit our website;
- Obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online movements and use of the Internet;
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand the requirements and interests of our visitor and customer;
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests;
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable; and
- Enable tighter security.
5. Service Providers
We may engage third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, provide Service on our behalf or perform any Service-related activities or assist us in analyzing our Service.
The service providers, and their staff, are only allowed to access and use your personal data on our behalf for the specific tasks that they have been requested to carry out, based on our instructions, and are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
6. Retention of Data
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by any third party. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
7. Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred within the Kowloon Dairy group, and to third parties as stated in Section 5 above, in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy.
We will take all practical steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and your personal data will not be transferred to any third party unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
8. Security of Data
We may store your personal data in operating environments with reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised access. We will follow reasonable standards to protect your personal data. The transmission of information via the Internet is, unfortunately, not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the data during transmission through our websites and/or mobile application.
9. BehavioUral Remarketing
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the products or services offered by the Company’s business partners or advertising partners.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or the unsubscribe link provided.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing, namely Stripe.
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their Policy. For more details, please visit: https://stripe.com/en-hk/privacy
11. Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We strongly advise you to review the policy of every website you visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party’s websites or services.
12. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
We will not collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you become aware that any child has provided us with his personal data, please contact us immediately. Once we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that the personal data from our servers.
13. Data Access and Correction
We keep this Policy under regular review and publish updates on our website from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by publishing the new Policy on this website. The “effective date” will be shown at the beginning of the Policy.
You are advised to review this Policy from time to time for any changes which will be effective upon publishment on this website.
If you would like to access or correct your personal data, please make your request in writing to and sent by post to us at 5/F, Kowloon Dairy Building, 17–19 On Lan Street, Central, Hong Kong. Please note under the Ordinance we may charge a reasonable fee to offset our administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Last updated on 26 January 2021]
Our Terms & Conditions